News: Vacancy for ATIEL Secretary General
25 February 2019
ATIEL is looking to recruit a new Secretary General.
- Supporting the Executive Committee and President in their functions through documenting and tracking agreed positions and activities
- Preparation, planning and running of ATIEL’s Executive Committee and selected Technical Committee meetings
- Providing feedback and input on sectoral matters when needed
- Representing ATIEL externally as required and approved by the Executive Committee
- Contributing to the implementation of the strategies designed to promote the interests of member companies
- Overseeing the maintenance of the ATIEL website and managing other internal and external communication activities
- Managing the internal administrator
- Preparing the financial accounts for the preceding fiscal year and assisting in the preparation of a management report incorporating such accounts to the General Assembly
- Preparing a budget proposal for the following fiscal year, including the annual membership fee
- The activities are carried out under the supervision of the Executive Committee
Profile, skills and experience
- Excellent planning and problem-solving skills
- Motivated self-starter, team player
- Good organisation, management and leadership
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in written and verbal English. Knowledge of additional EU languages will be an asset
- Understanding or experience of the technical aspects of the European automotive/ lubricant business a plus
- Able and willing to attend regular meetings at ATIEL’s offices in Brussels and to travel in Europe as may be required
Terms of contract
- Part-time: the position requires an average time availability of three days per week
- Home-based (with home office facilities)
- The term of office is two years, renewable for further periods of two years
- Salary will be in accordance to the responsibilities of the position and experience of the selected candidate
- The preferred candidate should be self-employed
- Starting date is June 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ATIEL is a European Economic Interest Grouping (EEIG) representing the combined knowledge and experience of leading European and international engine oil manufacturers and marketers. Its collective expertise in engine lubricants technology has helped establish best practices and quality standards for both vehicle manufacturers and consumers.
By applying for this vacancy, you agree that we use your personal data for recruitment purposes only. All your private information will be deleted from our files after the recruitment process.